Tips, tutorials and resources to aid you on your path towards fluency.
- Appendix 5
- Contact Me
- Language Resources
- Language Workshops
- On Purchasing Anki Decks
- Personal Anki Deck Downloads (A disclaimer and some tips)
- Shopping Cart
- Site Map and Privacy
- Subscribe to site updates!
- The Blog
- The Book
- The English Pronunciation and International Phonetic Alphabet Anki Deck
- The Method
- The Tag Index
- Adding picture flashcards to Anki
- Anki Dropbox Tutorial
- Installing downloaded decks
- Video: English Pronunciation
- Video: English Pronunciation 2
- Video: English Pronunciation 3
- Video: French Pronunciation
- Video: The English IPA Anki Deck
- Workshop Reviews
- Announcing Fluent-Forever.com and the Kickstarter!
- An early review of Bliu Bliu.com
- Announcing New York and Boston Language Workshops!
- Announcing Workshops!
- On the Tagalog/Filipino language (and a book update)
- How to remember words in any language
- How to learn the alphabet in any language
- 8 Ways to Create Better Flashcards
- Conversation Questions, Language Exchanges and the Science of Friendship
- How to search multiple websites fast (for Word research)
- Hungarian book reviews and resources!
- Transposh Translations
- Total Site Redesign!
- Video Interview: How to master any language and seal a book deal
- Translated Google Image links for Language Learning (New, easier setup)
- Workshops at the University of Vienna! (and other news)
- Learning grammar and abstract words without translation
- Preposition Images for Anki
- How to use iMacros to automate your word research
- Foreign Language Dictionary Reviews (Part 1: Pronunciation)
- How to learn a language’s sound system with Anki
- Hungarian: Pronunciation and what’s next (Concrete Vocabulary)
- My next language project: Hungarian
- Pronunciation Trainer Betatest!
- Survey Results (The Difficult Sounds of German for English speakers)
- A Two/Seven minute quiz for *non*-German speakers (and a much overdue update)
- How to learn (German) grammar with Anki
- I’m back! Some thoughts on my Russian journey
- The book is sold!! (And info on site updates for the next 2 months)
- The Best Source of Words in Context: Google Images + Google Translate
- Reader Q&A: How to learn abstract words, fixing ingrained grammar mistakes
- Reader Q&A: Later on - C1 Fluency, Teaching, Immersion, Language Maintenance
- (Jailbroken) iPhone Tutorial: How to set up a custom Russian Phonetic keyboard layout on your jailbroken iPhone
- Reader Q&A: What to do when - How to use a pronunciation guide, daily routines, custom Anki models
- Reader Q&A: On Grammar
- What opera singers study, and how it can help… (Guest post at Fluentin3Months!)
- The Vowels Video is done! Book Agent, pronunciation help, site updates, la la la.
- Füße und Beine! (Fun with regional dialects of German)
- Hi Lifehacker!!!
- The Assimil Method - some thoughts
- Learn Thai section added
- How long does making cards take?
- Base vocabulary list for all languages!
- Korean section added! (and other updates)
- Arabic Section Added! (And other updates)
- Learn Mandarin Chinese section done! Update to Learn Japanese…
- Small fixes, English Pronunciation Tutorial 2 on the way!
- Japanese added! Fonts changed, Social Media Buttons, Anki decks fixed..
- Big update!
- Ok, giving WordPress a whirl.
- Updates, updates
- Website Launch
General Language Learning
Learn Mandarin Chinese
Learn Modern Hebrew
Like many other Web sites, www.towerofbabelfish.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- www.towerofbabelfish.com uses a cookie to permanently dismiss a Facebook popup.
- DoubleClick DART Cookie
- .:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.towerofbabelfish.com and other sites on the Internet.
www.towerofbabelfish.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Like us on Facebook?
Don't Show Again |