I’ve written a base vocabulary list of 400 words. You can dump these into Anki right at the beginning to give you some words to play with. This will give you some time to start learning grammar and checking words off of your target language’s frequency list.
Minor cosmetic updates, and added Harry Potter books to the Learn Russian page.
Resources for learning Korean are now uploading! I’ve also added a new French pronunciation course and made a few other small changes to the language pages. Enjoy!
The Learn Arabic section is done, and I’ve added several monolingual dictionaries to the other languages. Have fun!
Access the new Learn Mandarin Chinese section here! I’ve also updated the Learn Japanese section to include Heisig’s excellent Remembering the Kanji/Remembering the Kana books.
Added an easier to find link to my Anki decks if you want to look at them in the general Languages Resources section
And last but not least, I think I finally got WordPress to fit inside of this blog without scroll bars on the bottom. Please let me know if you see horizontal scroll bars under the blog, and if so, what operating system/browser you’re using!
Also, if you’re just stopping by and you’d like to get an email whenever the book is available, contact me and I’ll send you an email when it’s out! You can also follow the site on Facebook!
Thanks to readers for picking up a few link errors and things! I’m still working on English Pronunciation tutorial #2, and I hope to have it done soonish. Anyone looking for Anki decks should look at the bottom of French, Italian and Russian to find the link to the disclaimer.
Resources for learning Japanese have been added, as well as social media buttons (click like! It’s fun!), some cosmetic tweaks and the Italian and French Anki deck links have been fixed (under Languages -> Learn Italian/French/Russian)
I’ve changed the website fonts around to make them more compatible with various browsers; please let me know if you have weird behaviors, images on top of text, whole paragraphs italic, etc (and if so, what computer/browser you’re using!)
Updates all around the site. You can find them here;
- The Method (General Page, step by step instructions)
- Learn French, Learn English, Learn German, Learn Italian, Learn Spanish and Learn Russian pages all got huge updates.
- My personal Anki decks (French, Russian, Italian) have been added, although there’s a huge disclaimer about how that’s a bad idea
Enjoy! As always, let me know if there are any questions! -Gabe
I’ve moved the blog part to WordPress, on the heavy insistance of some of my friends. (Hi David) Hopefully this will make it easier to follow!
- Spanish section added, other languages will be made to fit the model of the Spanish section
- Going to record the second English pronunciation tutorial in the next few days (maybe today, we’ll see!)
- SEO optimization, little tweaks throughout the site.
Stuff you can expect in the next few weeks:
- 3 more English Pronunciation tutorials
- Free Anki deck links (my personal decks)
- Eventually, user friendly Anki decks for sale.
- Some Russian specific updates
That’s it! Enjoy!
-Tutorial 3 problems fixed -Specific language resources added!! -Messing around with WordPress, but not yet sure if i’m going to implement it…probably I’ll have it in this blog section of the website so you can comment and ask questions and stuff.
Here’s the first pronunciation video!
Also, Damien Elmes linked me on the Anki website; nice!